Lift Operators will continually strive to exceed our guest's expectations by creating the best memories. The Lift Department will ensure the safe operation of our ski lifts by maintaining the standards set for both the guest experience and maintenance.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
- Hourly rate of $17.00
- Seasonal Full and Part Time
- Resort perks:
- Free Alterra Mountain Pass for employees; ski or ride for free at 14 Alterra owned destinations!
- Pass benefits for your family and discounted lift tickets you can share with friends
- Free Rentals
- Staff priced meals and Starbucks
- Staff room rates at all hotels
- Retail savings at Burton, Columbia, North Face, Red Devil, Hillside and More
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Responsible for the safe operation of their assigned lift
- Responsible for maximizing uphill capacity for all lifts
- Responsible for focusing on ease of entry into the sport of skiing and snowboarding by being empathetic to the needs of our beginner guests
- Provide physical assistance to guests when required
- Ensure all guest using the lift have a valid ticket or pass
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining all operational aspects of all assigned lifts including ramps, mazes, tools and signs
- Maintain a high-quality, friendly and cooperative work ethic and interactive relationship with guests, the lift team and other resort staff
- Responsible for duties as assigned by the team leads, supervisors and manager
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
- Must possess excellent employee and public relations skills and be of a friendly and co-operative nature
- Must be professional, energetic and dependable
- Must be able to reason and react with quick and thoughtful judgment while remaining calm under pressure
- Must be in good physical condition and able to lift and push/pull heavy objects (snow, gates, etc.)
- Must be confident in a team atmosphere
- Ski/Snowboarding experience an asset
- Previous customer service experience
If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of your employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with Public Health guidelines or provide proof of a valid medical exemption.
BLUE MOUNTAIN RESORT COMPANY OVERVIEW
Blue Mountain Resort is Ontario's largest mountain resort. Nestled on the shores of Southern Georgian Bay and only 90 minutes outside Toronto, Blue Mountain has become the four-season outdoor destination of the North. Winter at the Resort boasts 43 ski and snowboard trails across 365 skiable acres, enhanced by a world-class snowmaking system. Summer months offer a variety of activities from golfing and high ropes, to zip-lining and coaster riding. At the base of the Mountain, guests can enjoy a stay in one of the 1,000 luxury accommodation units and experience an assortment of unique concept restaurants, bars and retail stores in the pedestrian Village. With 53,000 square feet of state-of-the-art conference space, Blue Mountain caters year-round to groups and special events. Blue Mountain is owned by Alterra Mountain Company. Visit for more information.
ALTERRA COMPANY OVERVIEW
Alterra Mountain Company is a family of 15 iconic year-round destinations, including the world's largest heli-ski operation, offering the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real estate development, food and beverage, retail and service businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with destinations across the continent, Alterra Mountain Company is rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company's family of diverse playgrounds spans six U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton and Sugarbush Resort in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Crystal Mountain in Washington; Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. Also included in the portfolio is Alpine Aerotech, a worldwide helicopter support and maintenance service center in British Columbia, Canada. Alterra Mountain Company honors each destination's unique character and authenticity and celebrates the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
For more information, please visit .
Blue Mountain Resort is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.