Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking a Construction Area Manager (Infrastructure)
for our Mining & Minerals project site located near Gogama, Ontario, reporting to the Manager, Construction, the successful candidate will be responsible for the safe and effective completion of various multi-discipline scopes within the project, primarily on the process plant site. Key Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications
- Work with the engineering team and provide constructability guidance during the planning phase of the project
- Construction planning and construction work packaging for scopes of work that fall within the process/infrastructure area of responsibility. Responsibility to build the plan, communicate planning through to engineering teams, align engineering to support construction schedule and execute in accordance with plan.
- Responsibilities will include field management of multiple contractors. This will include monitoring of contractor performance insuring compliance with all project objectives - HSSEA, Cost, Schedule, and Quality.
- Successful proponent will be required to report against progress of their portion of the overall project schedule.
- Manage a team of multi-disciplined construction coordinators while managing multiple multi-discipline contractors in order to enable on time completion of their scopes of work
- Liaise with a team of support service coordinators: cost control, scheduling, contract administrations, HSSE, fielding engineering, materials and quality.
- Develop team relationships to ensure smooth interaction between parties responsible for work identification, planning & scheduling, resource provision, and execution of work
- Control nonconforming products, services and their subsequent repair, and re-work until corrective actions have been implemented
- Ensure compliance with established safety and environmental programs to execute services with zero harm to people, environment, and plant
- Monitor, participate and lead safety performance of contractors. Implement steps to rectify any trends of deficiencies in performance of the program
- Participate and assist with overall safety and environmental programs to drive continuous improvement
- Ensure safety reporting, incidents, and near misses are reported both in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with the standard procedure
- Maintain a thorough and comprehensive record of actions and events. Document and/or obtain necessary detail to provide a clear understanding of particular occurrences and conditions
- All other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in multi-discipline scopes of work in a construction supervisory role specifically on heavy industrial sites
- Experience in Mining Industry is required (gold mining process facilities)
- Possess a relevant degree or technical diploma or a combination of equivalent in training and combined experience
- Excellent communication and personnel management skills; ability to liaise at all levels with the client
- Proven track record of successful project completion on time and on budget
- Experience with construction camps, turn-key design/supply/install packages, high voltage power-lines and substations an asset.
- Accommodation for the site works will be construction camp based. Applicants need to be familiar with standard camp accommodation and rules.
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.